Alexander W. Munn
Counsel – Litigation/Estate Planning
Alex previously worked with BPE between 2010 and 2013 and recently rejoined the firm in April 2015. His practice focuses on litigation and administrative actions. In his more than 20 years of practice, Alex has litigated or negotiated resolutions to thousands of cases involving diverse matters such as real estate purchase and sale agreements, business and partnership disputes, defense of real estate professionals (licensing actions and fiduciary duty and negligence actions), insurance subrogation, commercial and personal collection and real property disputes (non-disclosure, nuisance, boundary disputes, mortgage disputes, partitions, etc.).
Alex’s clients consist of businesses, real estate agents, investors, insurance companies and home owners with litigation claims in the State the Federal Courts of California. Alex is a superior negotiator and has the uncanny ability to resolve most cases without going to trial. He prides himself on his ability to provide real world, cost effective solutions to the problems his clients face. The key to Alex’s success lies in his ability to communicate and find common ground in nearly every matter.
In addition to his litigation practice, Alex is a frequent speaker to numerous real estate organizations throughout Northern California.
- Successfully represented national insurance carrier in mass tort product liability litigation in Federal Court resulting in a substantial monetary recovery
- Represented former National Football League player in a fraud action against lender and servicer resulting in a loan modification on the eve of trial
- Obtained monetary settlement of failure to disclose defects in a residential real estate transaction
- Obtained favorable outcome on motion for judgment on the pleadings against national lender seeking foreclosure on residential property
- Successfully negotiated hundreds of settlements on behalf of foreclosed homeowners
Alex graduated from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 1993. While in law school, Mr. Munn was on the Dean’s List, was a Moot Court Written Brief Finalist, and won the Emil Gumpert Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy.
He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in United States History from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1989.
Alex was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1993 and is admitted practice in all California State Courts as well as the Federal Courts for the Eastern and Central Districts of California and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
When not practicing law, Alex can be found attending as many live concerts and sporting events as possible.