Matthew J. Kirkpatrick
Senior Associate – Transactions
Matthew J. Kirkpatrick joined BPE Law Group, P.C. as an associate in 2014. Since then Mathew has become a key player in handling everything from corporate acquisitions to property litigation. Matthew continues to refine his ability to structure unique contracts to fit within individual client needs. He has successfully resolved matters such as acquisitions and dispositions of real property and businesses from the negotiations and preparation of contracts and corporate formation documents through the enforcement of contracts through litigation.
Some of the recent transactions Matthew acted as second chair on include:
- Negotiation and contract preparation of a Lot Line Agreement to split an approximately 360 acre plot;
- Representation of borrowers for $3.5M construction financing for a professional services office;
- Corporate restructuring of multiple entities involved in holding of real estate investment assets;
- Evaluated and advised non-profit entity as to lending liability and safeguarding of non-profit status;
- Prepared contractual arrangements to facilitate transfer of properties in lieu of foreclosures of $1M loan;
- Advised non-profit entities to safeguard non-profit status;
- Preparation and negotiation of sales and securitization documents related to the of sale of a carrier service;
- Advised client as to methods of successful utilization of IRC 1031 exchanges for $3.35M sale; and
- Negotiated and structured purchase of $1.2M convenience store and gas station.
Matthew graduated from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 2012 and concentrated specifically in business law and earned the Judge Loren Dahl Memorial Award for excellence in bankruptcy. Prior to that, Mr. Kirkpatrick attended and graduated from California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo in 2008 where he majored in business, creating his own personally crafted concentration in law and minored in economics.
Matthew has been an attorney since 2012 and is admitted to the State Courts of California as well as the Federal Court for the Eastern District of California.
Recently, Matthew was bestowed the ‘Rising Star’ rating and award by Superlawyers.com
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations. The selection process for the Rising Stars list is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process, with one exception: to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. Each attorney participating in Ask Super Lawyers has been selected to a Super Lawyers list and has undergone our patented multiphase selection process. Across the United States, only the top five percent of each state’s attorneys are selected. So when you see a lawyer on the Super Lawyers list, you know they’ve earned it.
While not at work, Matthew enjoys playing guitar, bass, and mandolin as well as tinkering in the kitchen.