Matthew J. Kirkpatrick
Senior Associate – Transactions
Matthew J. Kirkpatrick joined BPE Law Group, P.C. as an associate in 2014. Since then Mathew has become a key player in handling everything from corporate acquisitions to property litigation. Matthew continues to refine his ability to structure unique contracts to fit within individual client needs. He has successfully resolved matters such as acquisitions and dispositions of real property and businesses from the negotiations and preparation of contracts and corporate formation documents through the enforcement of contracts through litigation.
Some of the recent transactions Matthew acted as second chair on include:
- Negotiated and prepared contract of a Lot Line Agreement to split an approximately 360-acre plot.
- Represented borrowers of $3.5M construction financing for a professional services office.
- Performed corporate restructuring of multiple entities involved in holding of real estate investment assets.
- Prepared contractual arrangements to facilitate transfer of properties in lieu of foreclosures of $1M loan.
- Prepared and negotiated sales and securitization documents related to the sale of a carrier service.
- Advised client as to methods of successful utilization of IRC 1031 exchanges for $3.35M sale.
- Negotiated and structured purchase of $1.2M convenience store and gas station.
- Negotiated commercial lease for restaurant retail space in the Bay Area.
- Negotiated loan workout on a defaulted commercial loan at a 50% discount.
- Performed due diligence on behalf of clients purchasing commercial property including review of purchase and sale agreements, leases, easements, and title issues.
- Negotiated and advised clients concerning commercial loan packages ranging from $500,000 to $17M.
- Assisted in corporate merger of non-profit churches.
- Represented client in purchase of dental practice including, negotiation of stock purchase agreement, lease negotiation, and corporate restructuring.
- Negotiated and drafted purchase and sale agreement for purchase of $3.3M development property.
- Evaluated and advised non-profit entities as to lending liability and safeguarding of non-profit status.
Matthew graduated from University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 2012 and concentrated specifically in business law and earned the Judge Loren Dahl Memorial Award for excellence in bankruptcy. Prior to that, Mr. Kirkpatrick attended and graduated from California State Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo in 2008 where he majored in business, creating his own personally crafted concentration in law and minored in economics.
Matthew has been an attorney since 2012 and is admitted to the State Courts of California as well as the Federal Court for the Eastern District of California.
While not at work, Matthew enjoys spending time with his wife and dog as well as tinkering in the kitchen.
Recently, Matthew was bestowed the ‘Rising Star’ rating and award by Superlawyers.com
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations. The selection process for the Rising Stars list is the same as the Super Lawyers selection process, with one exception: to be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. Each attorney participating in Ask Super Lawyers has been selected to a Super Lawyers list and has undergone our patented multiphase selection process. Across the United States, only the top five percent of each state’s attorneys are selected. So when you see a lawyer on the Super Lawyers list, you know they’ve earned it.
While not at work, Matthew enjoys playing guitar, bass, and mandolin as well as tinkering in the kitchen.